You may have often heard about the superfood fruit cranberry.Cranberries are fruits of little shrub plants and are popular among health conscious society for its amazing store of antioxidants and essential nutrients which makes it a superfood. These berries have their origin linked to North America and it is consumed for its high benefits to the body.
Let us have a look at the nutritional value of Cranberries. Cranberries give a genuine proof for being a superfood as they provide several kinds of nutrients at one place. They provide carbohydrates, fats, Protein, natural sugars, calories, and fibres. They have abundant vitamins and minerals like – calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, sodium, vitamin c, vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin E, folate DFE, and vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6 all in one fruit. How can we not consider such an amazing fruit as a superfood!
Cranberry juice benefits female sexually :
Cranberries have amazing effects on the female as well as male reproductive system. Some studies claim that drinking cranberry juice can improve microflora of your vagina and can improve vaginal secretions and also influence its taste. While there is no such approved claim for this effect of cranberry on vaginal secretions. Cranberries also help in maintaining a healthy urinary tract which is directly related to reproductive health of females.
However we don’t have strong claims of cranberry having a direct effect on the reproductive system but it influences other aspects of the body which indirectly leads to a healthy reproductive system. So, let us see how cranberry juice benefits female sexually.
- Effect on urinary tract – Since cranberries have antioxidant properties and vitamin C, it helps in maintaining a healthy immune system and boosts immunity of the body which helps in fighting against infections of urinary tract.
- Along with these properties, Vitamin A and vitamin E are found in this juice which are directly related to proper growth of the reproductive system and fertility of the individual.
- Effect on kidneys – kidneys have a direct effect on almost all parts of the body. There are many direct links of infertility with some chronic kidney diseases. Cranberry juice have antioxidant and immunity booster factors which are helpful in prevention of these chronic kidney diseases.
- Effect of cranberry juice on cardiovascular system – cranberry juice is helpful in maintaining blood sugar, high-density lipoprotein which is known as good cholesterol in blood and also maintains several other factors which reduces risk of potential heart diseases. And we know a healthy cardiovascular system means you can have a healthy reproductive life.
- Anti – cancerous action – there are some life saving compounds in cranberry which acts against cancerous cells and slows down growth of tumours. It can be very beneficial in preventing potential cancerous growths.
- Anti- inflammatory properties – cranberry juice have some anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing inflammation of blood vessels as well as tissues to some extent.
- Postmenopausal benefits – menopause is also an important phase for a women. Postmenopausal care is essential to reduce risks of potential diseases of reproductive system as after menopause usually women face many reproductive system related problems. Along with this due to decrease in production of some hormones they go through hormonal changes and symptoms related to it like dryness in vagina, increased risk of UTIs, Mood swings etc. While consuming cranberry juice helps in mitigation of such symptoms and also in maintenance of postmenopausal health of females.
How can you consume cranberries?
There are many ways to add cranberries in your diet for example, you can have dried berries, in the form of juice, in desserts, sweetened berries etc.
Note : Usually having cranberry juice is safe but eating too much cranberries can lead to gastric upsets so, their consumption must be in a regulated way and in case of some health conditions as well as in pregnancy, you should take advice from your physician before adding it in your daily diet.